Allan Kelly is the founder of Software Strategy. He specialises in the business side of software development – namely management and requirements.
With over 25 years experience working with software Allan has held just about every job in the software world: system admin, tester, developer, architect, product manager and development manager.
Allan is London based and works for Software Strategy providing training and consulting in Agile practices. He specializes in working with software product companies, aligning company strategy with products and processes.
He holds BSc and MBA degrees and is a recognised Kanban Coaching Professional (KCP). More about Allan on his own website allankelly.net, on Slideshare, his blog blog.allankelly.net. On Twitter find him @allankellynet.
Allan Kelly’s own experiences running development teams, helping multiple teams to adopt Agile working methods and practices have been distilled into Xanpan – a cross between XP and Kanban. Xanpan draws ideas from Kanban and Lean, XP and Scrum, product management and business analysis, and many other places.
Prolific Writer & Speaker
In addition to numerous journal articles and conference presentations Allan Kelly is the author of:
Contributing Author of:
A selection of articles written by Allan Kelly:
- The User Stories series:
How to Write Small Stories That Still Have Value, Understanding Agile Requirements and more to come | Agile Connection | July 2015 onwards
- Laws for Software Development Teams | Methods & Tools | May 2015
- Does Agile work outside of software? | Agile Connection | January 2015
- No Projects / Beyond Projects (aka #NoProjects / #BeyondProjects ) | InfoQ | December 2014
- Something Old, Something New: Requirements and Specifications | Methods & Tools | Fall 2014
- 12 Myths of Agile Development | Agile Connection | April 2013
- 10 tip to make your Agile Adoption Successful (PDF) | InfoQ | June 2012
- Dialogue Sheets for Retrospectives | InfoQ | January 2012
- Agile Contract Options (PDF) | InfoQ | July 2010
- Dear Customer, the truth about IT Projects (PDF) | Agile Journal and TechWell
For more articles by Allan Kelly see his personal website: www.allankelly.net.
BCS Agile: Lean Kanban Day
March 2013, London
Xanpan (Slideshare) – Kanban + XP
More To Watch
- Norwich Developer Conference, February 2015, Norwich UK | Every company a software company (Slideshare) and What is Agile? (Slideshare)
- BCS Bristol, November 2014 | Does Agile work outside of software?
- Lean Kanban UK Conference and Agile Tour UK conference, November 2014, Beyond Projects – The End of Projects and what happens next #NoProjects/#BeyondProjects (Slideshare)
- DevWeek, Mar 2014, London UK | Xanpan (extended version) (Slideshare)