|Allan is the founder
of Software Strategy and specialises in the business
side of software development - namely management and
With over 25 years experience working with software Allan has held just about every job in the software world: system admin, tester, developer, architect, product manager and development manager.
Allan is London based and works for Software Strategy providing training and consulting in Agile practices. He specialises in working with software product companies, aligning company strategy with products and processes.
In addition to numerous journal articles and conference presentations he is the author of of "Changing Software Development: Learning to Become Agile" (2008) and recently published his new book: "Business Patterns for Software Developers" (2012). In addition he is a contributor to "97 Things Every Programmer Should Know" and "Pattern Languages of Program Design (5)”, has written numerous journal articles and is a popular speaker at software conferences.
|Allan holds BSc and
MBA degrees and is a recognised Kanban Coaching Professional
More about Allan on his own website, allankelly.net, Slideshare, his blog: blog.allankelly.net and on Twitter as @allankellynet.
Recent articles include:
- 12 Myths of Agile Development - Agile Connection, April 2013
- 10 tip to make your Agile Adoption Successful - published on InfoQ June 2012
- Dialogue Sheets for Retrospectives, InfoQ, January 2012
- Agile Contract Options - published on InfoQ July 2010
- Dear Customer, the truth about IT Projects - published in the Agile Journal and TechWell
- About Business Patterns for Software Developers, ACCU Overload 111, October 2012
- Objective Agility: What does it take to be an Agile company? Modern Analyst, August 2012
BCS Agile Special Interest Group: Lean Kanban Day, March 2013, London
- Xanpan (Slideshare) - Kanban + XP
- 10 Tips to make Agile Adoption more successful (Slideshare)
Sync Conference, February 2013, Norwich, UK
- Agile in 90 minutes - What, Why, How it work, How to Change (PDF) and Agile in 90 minutes on SlideShare
- Retrospective Dialogue Sheets - PDF download, SlideShare presentation - Oredev, Malmo 2012
- Business Patterns for Software Developers - PDF download, SlideShare presentation, Video recording
Agile on the Beach, Falmouth, September 2012
BCS Edinburgh, June 2012
ACCU Conference, Oxford, April 2012
BCS SIGIST Conference, March 2012
(Testing specialist interest group conference)
BCS Central London, March 2012
- The What and Why of Agile (Slideshare), March 2012
A full list of publications is at http://allankelly.net/writing/ and a full list of presentations can be found at http://allankelly.net/presentations/index.html